Siirry navigaatioon Siirry hakuun
[please convert to Finnish]
- Direktiivi 2019/790
- http://copyrightexceptions.eu/project/Finland/ (contains some mistakes)
- commons:Commons:Copyright rules by territory/Finland
- Collecting societies Kopiosto and Teosto
- Ministry workshops on transposition, May-June 2019
Relevant allies and entities:
- 2019-06-17 18.00, Maria 01, Helsinki
- 2019-08-05 18.00
Transposition deadline: 2021-06-07
Brainstorming with Heikki and Henri, WMEE volunteer activist, then reworked in Helsinki.
- Complete commercial freedom of panorama exception (currently it's only noncommercial at least for sculptures)
- Publisher right: need good definitions
- There seems to be no definition of news publishers (lehtijulkaisujen suoja) in national law, cf. https://www.sanomalehdet.fi/
- Very short extracts and individual words ("yksittäisten sanojen"): define a length or say that the attribution required by quotation right is fine
- Make sure pastiche, parody, satire etc. exceptions ("käyttö karikatyyrissä, parodiassa tai pastississa"), even commercial, for everyone, as required by article 17(7)
- Other important exceptions?
- Right to repair, 5(3)(l): protect from DRM
- Right to reconstruct a building, 5(3)(m): expand article 25(e)
- Not 5(3)(n) as superseded by article 5 on educational usages?
- Minor exceptions, 5(5)(o), to codify local practices?
- General goal: avoid the risk that some usages, which have never bothered the local rightsholders, become illegal and forbidden by EU-wide technical means through the backdoor. Make the existing or previous usages and exceptions explicit in the law.
- Simplified criteria for out of commerce works, send to EUIPO database without making a national one (already mentioned in a 17.6 workshop)
- TDM (text and data mining) for everyone like the Dutch? Slight differences between art. 3 and 4, could support whatever researcher entities and start-ups say about it.
- Prevent problems with DRM for 3(3), set an existing machine-readable standard like robots.txt for 4(3)
- Make sure no collective licensing can disable education exceptions etc.: do not implement article 5(2)
- Copyright redress: maybe not https://minedu.fi/tekijanoikeusneuvosto (sort of copyright office, no arbitrator or ombud) but arbitrator for digital consumers
- Needed for article 17(9)(1), redress, and for article 14, to protect public domain from false statements of copyright ownership aka copyfraud by imposing fees/sanctions on those who lie (at least in takedowns)
- DRM problems for articles 3-6 due to article 7(2) referencing article 6(4)(3) of directive 29
Action items for June:
- Contact FI representative in EU who wrote copyright position, maybe via MEP [Heikki]
- Contact VK/TS from the ministry to enquire about process [Susanna]
- Contact consumer associations [Heikki] and centre [Susanna]
- Contact EFFI, OKFI, ..., Finnish copyright law expert to join our group [Heikki?]
- Contact library persons(s) from national library or Helsinki city library like MS [Federico?]
- Inform Communia and offer contact for FI transposition [Federico]